NEED A GREAT COVER ARTIST?

NEED A GREAT COVER ARTIST?
NEED A GREAT COVER ARTIST?

Monday, August 15, 2011

The KaKa of Life and Other Things

The kaka of life keeps pooling around my feet. It’s getting smelly in here. The LOOSER and daughter saga continues. Hopefully, I’ll be able to post this later this evening. If not, this will get posted sometime this week.

Right now, I need to give a big thank you to Laila Knight @ Untroubled Kingdom of Laila Knight. She gave me another Liebster Award. I guess that means I have two now. Anyway, thank you. All of you should go visit her. Really. I think she’s my soul sister or something. She’ll talk about anything-I mean write. The sister of TMI as Eve @ The Desert Rocks would say.

liebster_blog[1]

 

Next, I wanted to share a really cool blog post from Jolene Perry. It was one she posted last week and it touched my heart, making me think about how I should consider my WIPS when editing. Check it out @ Been Writing.

BOOK REVIEWS

41v1BXLyRjL__SL160_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-dp,TopRight,12,-18_SH30_OU01_AA115_        The Dream Spell, by Emma Daniels

What I didn’t like. The sense of direction. When I first popped it open on my Kindle, it went to a Prologue. It revealed some unnamed chick who found a book. A book of spells. The next several chapters, two strangers are doing the wild nasty in their dreams but with each other. I hope I haven’t lost anyone because I was in a total state of confusion and also freaking out over the chitty-chitty-bang-bang part. OMG. ****flushing***

What I did like. Despite the confusion, I loved the premise. Two strangers meet in each others’ dreams (Sophie and Victor), have amazing sex, and then meet each other at work. OMG. They end up dating and fall in love. One catch though, she gets pregnant or is already so when they meet. Who is the mystery biological donor? I asked this while reading it because in her back story she was married and couldn’t conceive. Not to mention, she hadn’t been dating anyone. So what does Victor do? The lump breaks it off with her. But will their relationship end there? Buy the book. It’s 3.99 to download it on your Kindle or whatever e-reader you own

Twist. Unknown to them a spell had been cast but it wasn’t meant for the two of them. Like I said, buy the book to find out.

Shelly gives it fifteen shiny stars for the premise and the sense of humor. I hope the next start of her book I read doesn’t make feel like I got spun around in a blender with my eyes covered only to be dumped out onto the floor in a strange place. I’ve got no sense of direction when that happens. Beats me where the hell north, south, east, and west are, or for that matter where it went.

 What I’m reading now….oooooo soooo gooood a booook…..

the touch     The Touch, by Lisa Olsen (Indie Author)

OMG. If my life could only be smooth as butter crème frosting right now, it would’ve been totally read by now. I’m at 80 % finished with it per my Kindle.

Quirky main character, Lexie, a touch psychic finds herself in the middle of a mystery surrounding the death of her brother-in-law and missing niece. Are ghosts involved? Are they responsible? Or is it someone close and unexpected to her?

I can hardly wait to find out and do the review.

That’s all for now folks!

Have a great week blogging, reading, and writing!

Shelly

PS I’m posting this sooner than I thought.

20 comments:

  1. Yes, Laila could be the "naughtier" soul sister. You're both very sweet though.
    Congratulations on getting the award. We all love you and hope everything works out with the "situation". I haven't had time to read or write too many blogs lately. But I'll be in rare form soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award. Two? You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the lump from the book is kind of like the lump you call a "Loser"...

    ((HUGS)) to you and as Evie says, we all love you and hope this all works itself out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys. I've got to go deal with LOOSer stuff in a minute. Got to put on some professional clothes now. Wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the links to the two blogs. Enjoyed them both immensely - useful too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the award, and good review!

    Best of luck dealing with the situation. If you need anyone... congressionally investigated, so to speak, let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Fi: Your welcome.

    @Wills: I may take you up on the offer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "The Dream Spell" sounds interesting, though the beginning certainly does sound confusing. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. By the way, I've just given you an award on my blog - http://fionajphillips.blogspot.com/2011/08/appreciated-follower-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. You were duely Liebsterized. Congrats! Naughty soul sister...I like that. Hey those books sound cool, meeting in each other's dreams and getting it on...woohoo...and ghost stories are one of my favorites. Will have to check this out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review, Shelly! Sounds like an awesome book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Shannon: It was confusing until I hit chapter three then it took off and I enjoyed it.

    @Fi: Thank you. I'll head over after commenting.

    @Laila: Yes. Naughty Soul-Sisters. That could be another blog page.

    @E.J. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great reviews! Must check them out. Have a great end to your week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Allison: If you're as quirky as I am you'll love "The Touch" and I believe you'll like "The Dream Spell".

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the awards Shelly ! And "The Touch" sounds interesting ...

    ReplyDelete
  16. MISH, thank you and you'll love "The Touch".

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the award. The kaka of life will clean up with time.

    Joyce
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Touch sounds like an interesting read, but the Dream Spell doesn't sound like my cup of tea. Congrats on the award! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Shelly, you always turn me on to cool new bloggers, thanks. And I hope the kaka recedes soon, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Joyce: Thank you.

    @Misha: The Touch is an excellent read. Finally finished it this morning.

    @Langley: I'm glad I can send you to some of my bloggy friends.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think.