NEED A GREAT COVER ARTIST?

NEED A GREAT COVER ARTIST?
NEED A GREAT COVER ARTIST?

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Paperback Writer

Today or, rather this morning, I thought I’d share a memory. When I was nine I wrote a ton of vampire stories. Every where I went I carried a pad and pencil, and wrote. If I would’ve continued I might be Stephanie Meyers instead of her being Stephanie Meyers. Something like that.

One day mom burst my bubble and to this day her whiny voice chatters some where in the back of my mind.

“No one will ever publish your stuff. What? You think you’re special? Get over yourself. You have to know people in order to become rich and famous?” Mom said.

Never said I wanted to be rich and famous, I thought. Although, it would be nice but its not necessary.

So my friends, I’ll share one of my favorite songs with you, “Paperback Writer”. I play it once a day to lift my spirits and drown out mom’s voice.

Remember to save a library!

Happy blogging, reading, and writing!!!

Shelly

9 comments:

  1. @Eve: Yes. I know. They're great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!!!

    I tell myself everyday that eventually something will happen for me. Even if no one else thinks so, eventually it will happen for all of us...in one way or another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great song! If we didn't have people telling us what we can't do, we'd never know the joy of proving them wrong.

    Let It Be

    EJW

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ EJ: You're absolutely right.

    @Beth: Eventually, think positive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I use this song to drown out my ex-sisters?

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think.